Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finding my voice!

I have been searching for my voice all my life. I have spent many hours and days reflecting on others thoughts while burying mine so deep I lost all contact with myself. Recently I have found my voice again. Many are those who think I should keep my thoughts to myself but no more. I will trust my voice and I will speak it out loud when I choose. My voice was hard to hear growing up because there were so many of us but no longer is that the case. I think and I speak and when I am at my very best I write. My voice is best heard on paper, it is then that I am able to define what I really want to say. Today I write as an exercise for my soul. Do you understand that writing clears all the other voices out of your head and you find your lone voice. I have value and I have grace and mercy and these pages shall reflect those very things. These pages shall also expose my doubts and fears which are growing smaller and smaller every time I uncover something new about myself.  Words give expression to thoughts , ideas and emotions but best of all they give meaning to my voice!
My very favorite voice is the one I use to pray. When I take time and pray I think first of those I want to pray for and I start thinking of all the reasons I am thankful for that person. I thank God first and foremost for the very one I pray for then and only after exhausting my thanksgiving do I make supplication to God on their behalf. Yes my voice is best when it is speaking to God in a prayer of thanksgiving or in a request. I find when I use my voice in prayer I am settled in my spirit by the time I have completed my prayer. My prayer has given voice and started a life long conversation with my Creator whom I would not really know otherwise. Prayer has become my greatest form of communication and given voice to the better part of me, the part that loves others more than I want to be right. My voice has found it way out into the world, has yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment