Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Giants among us!

I walk among giants ! I walk every day side by side with people just like me, people facing sorrows that could weigh you down but these giants refuse to give up ! Example , my daughter gets up everyday of her life and fights the battle with her health ! She is such an example of strength and courage to me that I am amazed. I know a girl who has a brain tumor and never knows when to expect the next seizure or worse. I know two young men fighting every day, one to walk , the other just wants to feed himself without assistance. We have forgotten how easy it is to do the things that come naturally to us, truth be told we think this is necessary to a happy life. We act like it is a given. I know men that fight the battle every day with addictions, these men have lost everything but they want their lives back and so they do battle. Not once a day but mutiple times every hour. I want us to realize that there are those among us that struggle with mental health issues, such as depression and even worse. In fact I struggle with some of these things but who am I if I give my life over to the disease and the troubles of this world. I have family members with MS and my cousin told his daughter, "remember you have MS , it does not have you." My cousin is no longer with us but his words still encourage his daughter and me ! Today I know your world may look bleak but I am here to say , we all face the same struggles and fears. We are all in the boat together and I am so happy to be in it with you ! Because you are here and you share your fears and doubts I find strength ! Because you love me enough to not act like I am a freak because I am afraid I can face these things and know you too are in it with me ! What I want to say is thank you for all those that love me enough to be a shoulder when I need one or allow me the prividledge to be yours ! We are a messed up bunch but together we can find healing and comfort ! Thank you for loving me and accepting me as I am flaws and all !

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Aunt Pam. I needed this. You are one of the most compassionate people I have ever met in my brief life, and I suppose that is why, you and only you, are the person I run to when the darkness seems to be closing in or when I forget these small but important things. I love you for everything that you do and for always being there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, Thank you for sharing these wonderful words. It is so true that we need to be thankful for what we have and know that so many people have worse things going on in their lives - we really don't realize how blessed we really are. And I know that every time we talk, my days gets better and I smile more because you have lifted my spirits! Thank you for being an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete