Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday. Really there is no pretense with it. We come together family and friends to say how very thankful we are. No gifts are required only your place at the table. Many are the people who forget to stop and be thankful.
Even when someone you love is missing there is always a reason to give thanks.
I am thankful for the crazy little family Brad and I raised. My children are not like most , they indeed are unique, many may even say strange but I prefer to think that they just are like the parents that raised them. I do believe our family is special because we do not try to force each individual to conform, no truly we celebrate our differences. I know some other families seem so much more put together, they have doctors, lawyers and even architects at the table but I myself am satisfied with the current status. I am never in a rush to get to where we are going because the journey has so much to see and be experienced. Well my table this year will have 9 in all, this is a small gathering and that is the way I like it. Chase my son who lives in NYC will be absent but thankfully his Jersey Grandma, "Jane" by choice, has included him at her table of about 20. My mother-in-law Beth will only be present in the spirit of the love and DNA she left present in those she loves. So this year will be different but wonderful I am sure.
People come together on Thanksgiving to relax with one exception, the one preparing the food and the home for guests. I think preparing food for this celebration is a task where hopefully the heart of the one doing all the work is in a constant state of blessing. Blessing everything the hand touches so that every morsel consumed will create an atmosphere of love and joy and peace. I started writing today with so many thoughts I had to change my game plan, so what I hope you most get out of these words is to celebrate with a pure heart. Do not put to much pressure on yourselves to have everything perfect but instead celebrate the mishaps. Enjoy the time together and take a long walk after your meal and really give thanks to the creator for all He has blessed you with, I know that is what I will purpose to do in my heart right here right now! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment