Sunday, April 29, 2012

Prayer

I will lift up the name of the Lord with my voice and when that fails with my mind! I will exalt the Lord most high at all times. I fail God so often but in truth he never fails me! I come before you Lord unclean with spots and blemishes everywhere, within and without. I have come before you because I need a holy , pure and righteous propitiation, for my sins are many. I am full of faults and unclean, even on my best day I am blinded by my own sin, unable to see what I most need to change. I am your fallen child, your prodigal daughter. If you waited for me to become holy there would be no hope. I am what I am and everyday I am reminded just how feeble my attempts are at serving you. I am rebellious by my very nature and were it not for your grace and mercy there would be no hope for one such as I. My sin pales in comparison to your perfection and beauty and strengths tho. The light of your love overcomes my darkest moments and reveals to me who I am and makes me aware of who I want to be. I am in awe of your amazing grace, for through you and by you have I been made acceptable in your sight. You alone are beauty and hope, peace and mercy, grace and dignity. You Lord most high give me reason to be hopeful. Your love is my only hope. Your love finds me when I am about to give up and compels me to be more and give more. Your love most high Saviour is what keeps my feet on this earth for I am compelled by that love to dig deeper and forgive when I want to hate. Your love has overcome my anger and hatred and helps me to be someone more than I could ever hope to be.  Lord you alone are worthy of my devotion, for you have made me want to be so much more than flesh and blood! I will incline my ears and eyes and my heart to make this body your home. I will lift my eyes to watch you, I will listen to hear you and I will open my heart to obey you. I am your captive by choice forever grateful that you desire one as unworthy as me to fellowship with. I am and will forever be yours.Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment