Thursday, December 6, 2012

Psalm 107:20

"He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction."

I am a changed person because of the word of God.  On my own I am much less loving and caring. Truth is I am transformed by the words of scripture because I want to be more than my mind would ever let me be and more than my heart knew I could be. In and of my own will I want to be selfish and self centered but when I read the word I want to be more loving and compassionate. I am trusting the word when it says God is love and those who follow Him will be known by their love for one another. I am trusting God, His son Jesus and His Holy Spirit above all others!

There is a line between what I have been taught about scripture and what in truth the word is teaching. My attitude in the past and those of most religious people are very destructive but God wants to free me from that way of thinking and living! God came so that you and I might have an abundant life , full of hope and faith but most of all love. As I have walked out my faith in the past it looked more like doubt because I lived by the traditions of man and not the fully incarnate Son of God, no greater love have any than a man lay down his life for another. This message is clear He came for us when we didn't even know we needed to be saved. So today let me make it clear my love and devotion are to my Lord alone but know that because He loved me first I am able to love others! The word became flesh and dwelt among us and his name is Christ Jesus..........I am celebrating our Lord this holiday season whom do you celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment