Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012

2012 has been a friend and an enemy. This year has seen me at my worst and my best. I feel sorrow like I am saying goodbye to an old friend and relief. The worst in life brings out the best in me, I know it is like the yin and yang, one balances out the other. I have spent so much of my life trying to have new starts that I lost the moment I was in. So I will say goodbye to my old friend but I will never forget all that it taught me; I learned that sickness does pass for some. I learned that loved ones shall pass, as each of us has an appointment with death, God ordained our days so who are we to question the timing? I have learned to trust my gut. I have learned I really owe no man, woman or child any thing but my love. I have learned we all make mistakes and the only people who don't are the ones who need the most help because they are blind and believe themselves perfect. I learned this year that money is never going to be something I have a lot of and I am okay with that! I learned beauty is fleeting and what makes true beauty begins in the heart. I learned no one on earth can make you happy, my happiness is my responsibility. I learned not to give to much of myself away, only what I can afford to give without leaving myself depleted. I found this year to have so much for me to experience and learn that I am sure I will be repeating some lessons again. I find myself thankful for the year and all the people I met. I am thankful to live in this day and age, I am thankful for all the technology and everything it holds. I am not sure of the future but the past is ever clear to me and it has been a part of me and I am grateful to share in the memories created by me and others. I find as this year comes to an end I have decided to take much of it with me into my future and leave some of it behind as a distant memory that needs to end. Here now in this moment I am eternally grateful to have lived out one more year and I am feeling very happy for the year ahead. So be blessed my friends and embrace all that each day, each hour, each week and month and year has, because in the end it is what makes up your life! Happy New Year!

1 comment: