Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dreams can teach if we will listen

Last night I dreamed I had 3 babies. Three very tiny weak infants, one girl, 2 boys. These babies were fragile and needed much care. I saw how frail these tiny humans were and I took great precaution to protect them. I took such great measures to keep them from harm that I in fact suffocated them. My concerns were legitimate but I provided such a worried approach  that I brought to them harm and my desire to protect led to their demise.
In reality I believe this has been my problem for a long time now. I have so wanted to keep my children safe from the world and the cares of life, that I have squeezed the breath out of my family. The joy has left replaced by concern, dread and fear. I wake with new purpose this morning, I must set my people free and thereby myself as well. I have been living in fear of sickness (theirs and mine), this fear has encroached on our lives so much that the good days just blend into the bad ones and one cannot be distinguished from the other.
Today I will love each member with open arms and let them be free from my ideas and hopes for their lives. This family of mine is the single most important thing on earth to me but they are not mine, I own no one. They are agents of God, just as I am, so I trust God in them and with them, for in truth I have no other choice, and I will do it with gratitude for the one single day I have at hand. I will let tomorrow be what ever it is and I will live in the here and now. Today I will do whatever is necessary to live with my joy and happiness intact. I will no longer be the one squeezing the life out of my family but I will find the will to become the one that spreads hope and encouragement to each member by setting aside my doubts and fears.
 Some dreams come to teach us, it isn't to late but we must be willing to learn or find the dream can become our reality. My family just happens to be the people I share this journey of life and death with! Let your heart and mind be open to learn whatever it is you need to learn and trust God is teaching all of us each and everyone. We are blessed to share the road with like minded souls!Thanking God for those I share the road with!

No comments:

Post a Comment