Friday, February 1, 2013

Are Dreams real?

One of my favorite dreams I ever dreamed was of my father. After my Dad passed I wanted to dream of him all the time so that I might feel like we had had a visit. With no dreams of him I felt abandoned and sad. Later I would understand that just as in life so as in death my father would be there when I needed him most!
I have been a person who loved God from early childhood but never quite understood the church and all its dogma and doctrines. After my father's death I was in a quagmire of indecision that really centered around the church. I was making the decision that what I knew deep in my bosom (as my dad would say) was not lining up with all the rules and regulations the organized church was teaching. In my struggle to make a decision about this religious heritage my father had given me I called on God to help me. The dream came later when I was most distraught about leaving the church, it was then that my Dad spoke to me during the dream, telling me these words, " Sister it is not what I taught you growing up but it is about the love of God in your heart for your fellow man." Suddenly it was all so clear to me,the wisdom my father had given was just like it was when he was present on this earth, Dad would be here for me when I really needed him most. The dream was like the man I knew, truth and love without interference.If I had dreamed of him often the impact would not have been the same, it is because he meets my needs still, that I can feel sure of love that endures beyond our physical death.
I believe in dreams and the power they have to speak to us when we need it most! I also believe love transcends death and in truth we all will live beyond our physical loss of life even if it is only in the dreams of those we love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment