Monday, February 11, 2013

Expand your vocabulary your ignorance is showing!

Seems today we no longer have common rules of decency.Our children , mine included, think nothing of the words they use to express themselves. Poor language is just that poor language and seems everyone uses it. Gone are the days when people only used inappropriate language in the privacy of a conversation, today they blast it all over every social media available. The generations of my parents and aunts and uncles would  never be caught dead using that kind of offensive language. Anyone who ever wanted to be thought of in terms of being raised properly would never speak that way, at least not in front of their elders. I remind you , all of you, grandparents read your posts and great aunts and uncles, parents, teachers, see your posts be respectful, you do not live in a bubble. It is a social network and not a private conversation, people who hire and fire read your words. I remember my father telling me as a youth that a man is only as good as his word, I know the meaning was more deep  than what I am speaking of but suppose people only see your words and do not know you personally, then they might think you ignorant and incapable of speech.
I really do not care if you see me as antiquated or behind the times but I know that I want to only say things that I could say in front of my  grand children or grandparents, so with that said, I bid you joy and happiness and think you all need to expand on your vocabulary. We need to let our light influence the dark  instead we have allowed the crudeness of our language swallow up the beautiful prose that can lift a mans heart! Let your heart be reflected in your words and let them be light and beautiful and kind and uplifting to all who see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment