Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Judging Others

I am guilty of judging others. Daily I see posts and have to fight a battle within not to say what I am really thinking. I judge everyone! I judge people for the words they speak, the clothes they wear, the people they date, the friends they keep, the religious dogma they espouse, the political ideas and people they support! Yep, that would be me judging you.
I have tried to be less judgemental and truth be told I have been successful to a degree. Before I had a gay child I had much stronger opinions about how and why someone was gay, now I accept that people are who they are. I used to hold some really serious ideas about religion and how to be holy but today I realize with all the heart and strength I can muster I will never be holy. I used to judge harshly those who were unfaithful and then I cheated. I used to judge those who's children were wild and a little too carefree then .......well you get the point. Every time in life I have judged another I have fallen and my judgements were bitter when they were regurgitated by me in my own life. I say all this because even though I am aware that judgement has a way of biting me in the ass , I still do it! Makes me think I am too stupid to learn or I am just human and cannot help the nature of the beast.
I have a heart for so many and mostly I am very kind but this is a struggle I have yet to overcome and I want to overcome it! I hate when I feel others judging me or people I care about. I hate seeing people use their religion to try and condemn others to hell or conformity. I hate when I judge others for doing things I in fact have said or done, but still I catch myself . So today I confess you have probably been in my cross-hairs and I ask you now to forgive me, I am working out my own salvation on sin at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment