Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Depression/ Death

Today I am writing about a topic that creates lots of discomfort but I have no choice, I feel compelled to say goodbye to friends who have ended their time on earth because the pressures were to great for their fragile minds. Many a soul has thought the thought but thankfully few have acted on the feelings. I am a person who struggles with depression from time to time and there have been thoughts about how easy it would be to leave the cares of this life behind and go to my Fathers house. I wanted to write because most people have suffered the loss of a loved one or struggle with debilitating thoughts as well. Depression is a weight that pulls you under so deep that at certain times you believe it will drown you and you see death as a welcome relief from the constant struggle for air. For some the thought has never crossed their minds and for those people I am happy but cannot relate. This is a very difficult topic to put out in the world because so many will not understand. Many look at someone like me and find it hard to believe this could be something I have struggled with, but trust me depression has haunted me all the days of my life. I find it hard to believe that everyone has not felt this way from time to time. I love life and am happy most always but many are the days I fight to get there. I urge you to make peace with people like me, words can not help us but love and understanding certainly make the load more bearable. Forgive the ones who could not bare the weight of this mental illness and always keep in mind it is an illness of the mind, nothing more.
My prayer for all those reading these words ; May the God of all creation give you strength to run the course ahead and may you find peace and understanding for those who thought it to difficult a task. God bless us all and help us bring comfort to each other as a result of our own personal suffering. Lord if we are able to help one another then our loss will have a deeper meaning and bring value to those struggling to stay in the race and the loved ones left behind.
I wanted to add a few scriptures that someone left before he took his own life.

" My God my God why have you forsaken me? Why are You so far from helping me and the words of my groaning? ( Psalm 22:1 )
O my God , I cry in the daytime but thou hearest not; and in the night season, I am not silent.
( Psalm 22:2 )
Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions but for thy goodness sake remember me oh , Lord.
( Psalm 25:7 )
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside still waters.
He restoreth my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness.
For His name sake.
Yea tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
I will fear no evil ;
For You are with me.
Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
( the 23rd Psalm )

I have faith in God and so did he; he just couldn't believe he could bare one more day. He died a sinner calling out to God for mercy. Be merciful and forgive those who couldn't bare one more day or one more hour and please do not take on their responsibilities as your own. I share this hoping it will comfort you to know that suicide is not a lack of faith but a lack of will !

" IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL ! "

No comments:

Post a Comment