Monday, March 21, 2011

Vacation

I want to capture everything about my cruise before time hacks away at it! First I was terrified to go on a cruise because I get motion sickness , so I started taking meds before I stepped on deck ! Good for me because it was the roughest waters the crew had seen in 6 months ! I got my sea legs 2 days in and never looked back but kept myself medicated, ........that may be why I did so well !
Warnings on all travel info should be posted about the non stop eating ! Food like I have never been exposed to in my life and yes I did partake at every chance. Brad and I ate more ice cream than we have in the whole last year ! Yes I did gain weight but only 3 pounds ! HOLLA!!!! I forced Brad and myself to use the stairs only and we did our daily walks or you would have seen a 10 pound gain , truth ! If you love food a cruise is the place for you !
We had a balcony but I could not use it for 3 days till I got my true sea legs and then it was amazing.
In my life time I have never seen a deeper more beautiful blue than the deep blue sea. Brad said to me when we stood on our deck , he now understood the words about Columbus sailing the deep blue sea. Here on the northeast coast our sea is more army green, no comparison.We snorkeled on a reef and I fell in love , Brad says I am getting certified and we are going to dive too ! Well that is a stretch but if he sighs me up I am going to have at it ! We zip lined under the canopy of the rain forest and this was my favorite moment! This was the only time I really thought of home or my family , I thought to myself the only thing that could have made that moment in my life any more outstanding was John, Chase and Abby being there with us ! It took my breath away and now I intend to zip line my way through the rest of my life.
Words will never adequately describe how I felt but I am at awe that people get to do such things. I am no longer going to live in fear of traveling but I am going to embrace every chance I get and see this beautiful creation called earth.
I think in life we become paralyzed by our own doubts and fears and sometimes we believe we do not deserve the things others take for granted. Well I am on a mission to believe I not only deserve these vacations but I need them as well ! So if you see me with a big smile plastered on my face ........ chances are I am thinking of that zip line and the joy I felt in that single moment in the jungles of Costa Rica !

1 comment:

  1. YEAH!!! I'm so glad the trip was everything you wanted it to be and even more. Now maybe you have a better understand of the wanderlust your nephew has and why I encourage it. It's amazing how good traveling and experiencing God's creation is for your soul. There better be pictures for me to see on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete