Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Traveling at the speed of life

Life is a whirlwind but the funny part is you are not aware how fast it passes till you approach the end ! I am watching loved ones start to fade, the light that once shone so bright has begun to get ever so dimmer and it brings out fear in all of us. I know I can get along in this world without them but my world is so much richer because they are here. I read the postings of others and I see that they too are going through these losses. NOTHING stays the same. We are in constant motion , we are hurling toward our own demise and have no idea. Our life according to scripture is but a vapor, here and gone in a moment. We make all these plans that may or may never be fulfilled. I know we must look like ants from God's perspective, marching in and out doing, never just being content enough to contemplate life and all its richness. I am finding at 50 I have lost lots of opportunities and I want them back. Lost friends and family that once were near and dear and special. Special like only an investment of love and time can bring to relationship. My Mother and I have always had an odd relationship but by the grace and mercy of God we are finally who I always wanted us to be "friends". That took time, time that her illness forced on us, at the beginning I did what I had to do. Now I do things for her with great joy and gladness to have this chance. I walk with a lighter step because God has given me wisdom and a little insight. The insight being time is marching on and soon all will be carried to their grave, me included. All the drugs and alcohol and parties in this world will not remove that truth. I am not tempted by intoxication to handle these realities because I want to walk head on with a sound mind into this place of letting go. The harshness is cutting and cruel but I feel the weight for a short time and then I am stronger. I know I love God and He loves me and I know my fellowman is here as am I with the same purpose, so I am finding the contentment that says we are loved by our creator and time is at hand , love like you have no tomorrow, for in truth we have no promise to make it through this day !

No comments:

Post a Comment