Wednesday, November 14, 2012

For today

Sadness prevails in my world this morning. Sadness at all the losses life throws at us. Today my family will lay to rest my fathers last sibling. This year two of my fathers sisters have passed. When I told my children they each remembered Aunt Betty and Aunt Beulah as on Sunday mornings my aunts would come to my mothers house so they could all attend church together. Years after my father passed my mother and his sisters have sat together in church, the one we were all raised in. When I think of this I must smile even tho my heart feels heavy. I think of all that is now lost to me.
Today I have a prayer list for sick people that I love and it keeps growing. The days of our lives are full of sadness and joy, we must take the bad and the good but today the sorrow is pressing in on my soul and I am going to cry it out. I am going to give way to my emotions and let this flood of sorrow wash me clean. I need relief from the days I have spent holding tears in check. I am going to let them flow till my soul feels purged! When they have been set free then I will wash my face and press on to the day that lies before me.  That is only possible if I release the inner strength that comes from letting go.
Today I will thank God for my journey and pray for those who's journey is closing. Today I will ask God to heal all those who are suffering. Today I will press into God for strength and comfort. Today I will live in the here and now and not let my mind wander into the what ifs of tomorrow. Today I will shed my tears and find the courage to smile. My sorrows today only sweeten my tomorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment