Monday, November 12, 2012

Walking your path

Sometimes in life we find our selves on a road that seems to lead to our destruction. This path has danger written all over it. People tell us there is danger ahead but we are forced to take the path any way. The enemy of our soul feels glee when he watches us walk with trepidation this road before us.
Truth and purpose will walk with us if we allow it. Truth is, all people walk out their struggles and really have no choice if life is what they seek. We are a people with direction and without, we are often lost and then we are found, it is the journey of life and the only factor that changes for each of us is the time which we have to get the job done. Our choice is clear we must live out every moment with out holding our breath, we are compelled to exhale and inhale all that life presents us with.
I am compelled to speak the truth about how I see that which lies before me. I will not pretend I am okay when I am not. I will not pretend that I am so grounded in my faith that I do not doubt. I doubt often that the road I am on is going to get me to where I belong but I will not turn back I will press on and feel fear anyway!
 Doubt and fear are as much about finding our way as faith , hope and certainty are. It is after we battle with our doubts and fears that we grow in belief and our faith grows as a direct result of the battle. The battles and storms of life make the good days all the more spectacular. When we are forced by our fears and doubts to confront them, then they become the catalyst that drives us forward on the road of life. Our choice is stay where we are or keep walking.
 I will walk on and be reminded that all journeys begin with a decision; where I am is not where I belong. The path ahead will lead me to the place where I belong but I must take the first step and as for me I will not let my doubts and fear control me but I will use them as the wind to set my sail by. I will march onward and sing when I am happy and cry when I am sad. I will rest when I am weary but I will never stop moving ever closer to the place where I belong, for in my life no one has every inspired me to be more than I am except for Jesus the Christ and His house is my home, so when you find me at my journey's end that is where I will be!
May your fears and doubts become the driving force behind your journey and not the stumbling block that impedes your progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment