Thursday, November 15, 2012

Life has lessons

The road I am taking is long and rough but has moments that are so beautiful it takes your breath away. The nature of my humanity says I only want the beauty of the journey , not the hard stuff. My 52 years of life have taught me that beauty comes out of hardship. I remember the day my Dad died, he was just the age I am now. That day I wondered if my life would ever have another happy moment. Dad was a rock, his faith unshakable and he was our comfort and support, whenever we needed help he would be there. My love, faith and hope have only grown as a result of losing him. I want to carry on his "love" for life and God's creation, so I have grown and become a better person as direct result of that loss. Our minds conceive the world and its events one way when in fact the effects are the opposite  if we will remain teachable and our hearts pliable. So my thought for today is be ever vigilant to learn , life and God and those you love have so much to teach you, if you will take a moment to break away and internalize the lessons.  If we trust God and life enough we can learn or we can resist and repeat each lesson over and over. I have lost my way many times but I am on course for today at least and happy that my life is ever changing. The beauty of children is how well and quickly they adapt and learn......so my mission is to become more childlike in my nature and to follow the path God has laid out for me! My hope is I remain teachable and learn everything I can because life is short and I want to do everything I can while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment