Monday, November 19, 2012

My Days

Today we rise to new possibilities. There are many who see this day as already spent, fearful of having to get through one more hour. There are some who live for the weekend and disregard this beautiful day as just a step till then. Some will be relieved when they can put this day in the history books and never be forced to remember it again. How can it be some people see each day as shiny  and new and others just look for a way to get through it. Days in and of themselves have nothing good or bad in them it is our perspective and or our circumstance that can affect how we experience each day.
Earlier this year my perspective changed. When 2012 began I was ill. I felt if something didn't give I was going to die and that didn't seem as bad as what I was going through at that time. Here I am later that very same year and my world is opening up for me in ways I never imagined. I am recovered from illness that I thought would never end and my days are mine to enjoy again. When this year started I had no idea what it held but I certainly felt lost at best. I was afraid and that fear was as debilitating as my illness. Somewhere between January and May my recovery in earnest began and I am the better person for all the suffering I experienced. Sickness can be a tool by which we learn to value our good days even more. Being ill sucks and watching others suffer is almost as bad as going through it your self. I am convinced we must learn from every obstacle we face. We may only have a few days left here on this earth so we must not waste one valuable second. We cannot allow sickness or anything else rob us of the moments we have with each other. We must be present at all costs!
I can truly say I missed so much while I was preoccupied with getting better but I also gained much, because I have learned a very valuable lesson about me. I am weak but I am also strong. I never let go even when I was afraid those days would never end, I kept the faith that better days were ahead. There were times when I wanted to give up but something inside me made me hold on. I had to did deep to push past the pain and confusion and most of all my fear. I write these words because I never want to forget that no matter what I am going through "this to shall pass" and life on the other side can be full and robust with possibilities. The moral of  my story days should not be endured but searched for opportunities because even on our very worst day we are able to have a moment that can change the course of our life or that of another! Days are not to be feared but embraced and remembered for all they can teach us!

1 comment:

  1. I also believe that the many prayers people spoke on my behalf undergirded me with a supernatual strength! Thank you each of you! So Thanksgiving finds me giving thanks for my days with each of you by my side

    ReplyDelete