Sunday, March 3, 2013

What's wrong with anger?

Anger tends to make people uncomfortable, especially the one experiencing it. I find anger makes me off-put or off kilter. I have never thought anger was a good emotion. I have always been told anger makes you weak but I beg to differ. My anger makes me dig deep to find  what is at the root of my frustration. Anger is a warning signal something is amiss. I am becoming friends with this anger,( not by choice but because it is insatiable) it is trying to teach me the lessons I have always wanted to avoid.

Confrontation is a scary deal so I practice avoidance. I avoid people , places, things or situations that make me uncomfortable, when in fact I should have felt the feelings and let them teach me how to confront without having to get angry. I have instead let my frustration build till I had no idea what was causing me to be so angry and then would hurl my garbage out for anyone who would listen. I rant and rave about "all injustices" as opposed to dealing with them one by one as they come along. When a person practices avoidance they become angry and judgmental about everyone and everything around them, which is not a healthy attitude to have.
 I consider myself a very level headed person and so do most people who know me. My truth is not really all that honest because I in fact hide my anger and frustration so people think I am nice. I hide my anger and frustration with my family so as to keep everyone happy, at the expense of my own happiness. So I am more dishonest than most people know but I am trying to change that. I want to be able to let anger guide me to the proper target and then speak my truth in love. I want to speak to people and even to God about things that just don't set right and all the while release this poison that anger becomes when buried down deep inside.
 I am not a child I have a voice and I am going to use it to work out my fears and doubts with whomever, God or man. I am going to move past my fear of rejection and let my anger guide me and teach me to be brave enough to trust that my voice counts! To answer my question anger is a normal healthy emotion that spurs us to saying what needs to be said or asking the hard questions! I am going to feel my anger and then ask what it wants to teach me? Now enough anger for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment