Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Homosexuals and marriage

Today many are in a great debate over homosexuals being able to marry. I find this issue hits close to home as my son ,Chase, is  a gay man. The great divide lies in the people who identify themselves from different religious doctrines that say marriage is for a man and woman. I was raised christian and pentecostal to be exact, so my beliefs were very strict and impossible to live by, daily I felt like a failure to God and to the church. Chase was raised in much the same way so I know he struggles in much the same way as I have, he has confessed to praying as a young man and asking God to remove these desires but to no avail, so acceptance of himself was his only choice. I as his mother have spent many days in absolute embarrassment for all the things I might have said in front of my son that would have made him feel diminished in his humanity. I have repented and asked God and Chase to forgive me. I believe today Chase understands how valued, loved and accepted he is in our home.
There are so many young men and women today out in this harsh cruel world who only want to love and be loved. They are asking our government to allow them to marry each other, marriage is a covenant between 2 people, to marry means to take a husband or a wife, legal marriage is the ability to define ones relationship as that of life partners, husband and husband or wife and wife or husband and wife. The bibical definition of marriage is a man and woman and in truth is not at stake, what God has joined together let no man put asunder. The only thing being asked is that EVERY human being be allowed to have "life, liberty and the pursuit  of happiness", which our constitution says is our right. Our religious institutions do not have to engage in these unions but they may not interfere in them either, as our constitution protects us from any religion dominating our religious or personal freedoms! I am sure many shall find my words heresy but I do not care because I serve a God of Love and when God is for me who can be against me and I live in a land that assures each person freedom and equality.
God Bless the good old USA !

No comments:

Post a Comment