Saturday, March 23, 2013

Life Lessons

Life has a lesson to teach. The journey for some is much quicker than others. That old saying only the good die young, well those are the folks who learn early the lessons needed to make their journey to the other side. They may not remain in the flesh but the soul is alive and well and free of the bondage of this life. The lessons of the flesh learned and assimilated and they have moved on to the next level of life.
There have been moments in my life when I have felt like I must be stupid. Stupid because I have struggled with so many physical conditions and as my understanding works it tells me these are life lessons.  My personal journey has been riddled with pain and discomfort, seizures and migraines. For the most part I have kept a stiff upper lip and pressed on but not without anger and doubt, fear and depression. I will not stop but I might have to sit and rest a while.
I am learning the difference between my soul and my flesh. My flesh is the weakest part of my being. My soul  is that part of me that makes me dig deeper just as I am about to give up. My soul is what carries me through the storms as they rage and I feel like hiding in the darkness, my flesh wanting nothing more than rest and comfort. I am weak and I am strong, I am hopeful and I am full of despair. I am divided at  all times, my flesh weak and somber , my soul strong and sure. My soul deep from within my being trying to right me and keep me grounded while the weakness of my flesh tries to crush me with fear and doubt. I am a slow learner but I am ever keeping to the task. I want to learn these lessons because I have lived my life with such uncertainty for so long and I just want a calm in this storm for now.

1 comment: