Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Journey

My first chemo treatment is done, I have 5 more to go and I am doing well. The fears associated with the treatment were not as bad as my imagination, so I am releaved. I am feeling thankful for each and every prayer spoken on my behalf as I am certain my strength comes as a direct result of all the love and prayers. This process has opened my eyes to a world of people who work hard everyday at just being healthy enough to live and love, some get treatments and head off to work without all the support I have experienced. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have family that honors me with every fiber of their being, I have never felt more loved and protected in my life. I intend to honor each of them with joy, love and respect for all they sacrifice so I can be home in full recovery mode. My sister has put me above herself by leaving home and coming here to walk with me through each step I have taken, she is my friend and life companion for all of my 54 years, there is nothing she will not do to make sure I am safe and cared for. So folks I have one job and that is to get through this and be the best I can be from this day forward, healing as fast as possible.
I did not ever think I would be a person facing Cancer but the plans we have pale in comparison to the plans of God. I am surrendered to this experience and I am going to learn everything I need too, so I might come out of this better than before. I can only hope I finish as strong as I have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment