Thursday, January 8, 2015

My Journey

How does one live without faith? How does one put one foot in front of the other when they only believe in the things seen? I could not go forward without the hope of God and the possibility of seeing my loved ones again. Yesterday my son confessed he doesn't believe in God and my sorrow for him grew. He once told me he was gay and I embracd him and said that is okay but when he told me he no longer believes in God my heart hurt for him. There is a dispare that he is experiencing because he no longer has faith and that dispare is overwhelming him, he is angry and thinks running away  to live somewhere else will make his life better. I decare nothing but the intimate knowledge of Christ will bring him joy. I declare that of all the things I hoped to pass on to him in this life Christ is  the greatest of ALL. My heart feels heavy with dispare for my son because he is struggling alone without the beauty of the risen Saviour living in his heart. I have known since he was home there was a darkness he was fighting against. So here is my prayer for you, son.
Father in the name of Jesus walk with my boy, even when he rejects you be his ever present help in his time of trouble. Let him feel your love Lord even if he rejects it. Give him a peace that comes from knowing you. Take the blinders from his eyes and open them that he might see your goodness and mercy right here and right now. Lord his dispare is great and he drinks to ease it, please let him call on you and find peace in you and you alone. Lord this beautiful son you have given me has a sickness much worse than anything physical , please heal him and bring him back to the place of truth and understanding. Father redeem you boy back to you and forgive me for anything I have done to fail him and you. Father I thank you that you loved him before me and you love him more than me. I thank you that you seek him out for fellowship just as the Shepard seeks the lost sheep, so I shall rest in the knowledge that he is yours! Help every lost soul find their way home to you Lord that they may know your peace and experience fellowship that changes and transforms the heart of man with a love so profound that they become a new creation. Thank you Lord for you love. In Jesus name I ask these things. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I just stumbled upon your blog. Your writing and your spirit are beautiful and inspiring. We don't know each other, but I am keeping you and your family in my prayers as your journey of healing continues. Peace.

    ReplyDelete