Wednesday, October 19, 2011

24 hours

How many times have you lived out 24 hours of complete and utter misery? I have wasted so many days I can not begin to tell you of them all. Take these past few weeks, months, well really years. I have been feeling really poorly and when I say that I mean my head and body have been out of harmony, on a level most would never understand.So I started having tremors that were waking me and memory problems, speech problems, truly the list could go on but you get the picture, so I read everything to educate myself so when I arrived at the Dr.s office I be an informed patient. I wanted nothing to shock or surprise me , truthfully devastate me is more like it. I spent hours researching my symptoms and they all came back to this one disease. Well long story short ,I decided to see a new neurologist and take the news like a big girl. The greatest thing happened I walked into an office full of women who embraced me and made me know I was a priority. The Dr. informed me she did not suspect Parkinson's disease but in-fact thought my seizure disorder had changed and now I am having different types of seizures. I know to some of you this may not sound like much of a trade off but for me I know seizures they have been my lifelong companion, so big sigh of relief. I am getting tested and medicines added but all in all I know I can do this! So the 24 hours it took to get into the Dr. office changed my life and for the better. I guess the moral of my story is listen to your body it is speaking to you and be careful what you read because you may draw conclusions that worry you more than the actual facts will, so 24 hours later and I am on the road to recovering my mind from the pit it had dug !!! Hope all is well in the brain you are working with !

No comments:

Post a Comment