Sunday, October 9, 2011

Living while growing older !

Facing my senior years is a scary thought. I have always been young at heart but deeply in love with the elders in my family. I remember feeling like I would never grow old but funny when going to retrieve the mail the other day , I got my AARP card and it was then and there that I recalled that older people got those. Well much to my surprise I am now old enough to carry my own and get serious discounts at hotels which is quite important because now that I am older I can afford to travel. Funny tho when I look at my husband I see the same guy I fell in love with at 17 years of age, hold up that really isn't true because I like this cute guy in front of me more than that awkward boy. Brad has only grown more and more handsome with time and I am blessed that I can still call him mine! So aging has served him well !
I am not sure if I understand this whole aging thing and how it is suppose to work. I want to run and explore the world just as it did when I left my parents home for the first time. The only true clue to aging is this body that wants to hold onto every ounce I eat and attach it to my hips, ass and stomach. Now mind you when I was young I ate 3 to 4 times as much food and that is no joke and I managed to keep my weight at a healthy place. Now I eat a third of what I ate just 10 years ago and my weight still climbs! This is the aging process and this part stinks! My body is doing things that no normal body should and I am doing my part to stop it but this old tent just ain't what it use to be but somehow I have never been more at home here! I love what aging has done to my personality, I am by far the best version of myself right here and right now. I love who I am today I have become my own best friend , I speak in a much kinder tone even when I fail to do something right, I love this about being older. So today I will take one step at a time and press into my senior years with great curiosity , I will face the decline in my body with much respect but I will do everything in my power to resist it's faults. I will try not to let all my conversations be about how I feel. I will read and challenge my mind with everything possible. If life tries to stop me it will but only when I have done all that is possible by taking great care of myself. I want to live till I die and I want to die while living ! I want to give to everything I can so when I take my last breath I will feel no remorse ! I want an opportunity to live a life that others can say they respected.
Today I face some personal challenges that I can not speak of but let me assure you if I use my time right this too will only serve to make my life more meaning full !

No comments:

Post a Comment