Tuesday, October 11, 2011

All it means to be human

The words I write bring me comfort and I can only hope they do the same for others. My life's greatest desire is to write a book that exposes the rawness of my soul and thereby my humanity. I believe if I tear down all the pretense any person reading my words will relate on some level. Humanity is not male nor female , black or white, gay or straight, no in fact humanity is our very soul . Humanity is that raw love and hurt that at times in life make us cry out for joy or sorrow. I am human and thereby able to love. In my truest humanity I can give of myself when my flesh is weak and unwilling. Watch a Mother when she is protecting her children and you will see her soul fully exposed. I remember when my son told me he was gay and I knew the attacks he may face within my own family. I became more because he needed me to be all that a mother is. I told everyone reject him, lose me too. Humanity protects and cares about everyone, it is what makes us more than just flesh and blood. I have made a decision to walk in the strength of my soul and the spirit God has given me. I will no longer allow myself to be an emotional wimp tossed about by every emotion under the sun but instead I will rise above these emotions and become more ! I write these words because I have a passion for life and I want to give what I am able so when I am no longer present these words will comfort those I leave behind! Man is an active moving breathing creature but he is more , he is a conscience and thoughts. I want my thoughts and words to be out in the universe so they may bring comfort and peace to hurting souls. I need to release my thoughts and words out into the world so I can bring peace and healing to my own soul.
Life needs to be more about living and breathing and not so much doing. When I take myself out of the rat race I find the ability to touch my own soul through releasing the things hidden in the recesses of my mind, were it not for those quiet moments, where I steal away, all these things would be lost even to me. So today I am taking time to find the things that make me want to be more than flesh and blood and emotions. Today I search to find all it means to be made in the likeness of God, human in form but godlike in my humanity !

No comments:

Post a Comment