Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Brad -man of my dreams

Brad Wulff came into my life when I was 16 years old as a classmate. Our entire junior year of high school I think I may have heard him say 10 words, as for me he thought I was a loud mouth because well, I like to express myself and that was about the time I was finding my voice. He was nice and cute in the big old clumsy athlete kind of way, he was tall ,big hands and feet like a puppy who was just not quite comfortable in this big dog body!
We were never friends just acquaintances. That year he sat with the guys on one side of our drama class and I sat with Kim Butler on the other side. I still find it hard to believe I never saw anything more than a nice guy, when I looked at him.
Well our junior year came to a close and we had our first face to face encounter. He was pissed off by something I did during the performance part of our acting exam. Long story short I said I was sorry and gave him my number and told him to call and we could hang out. Summer began and he never called. July found me on SnowHill rd. at the 7/11 where I saw his brother Kurt and spoke to him , well low and behold his father was in the store too. His Dad and I spoke for a while when he said I should call Brad some time , I told him Brad had my number he should call me. A few days went by and Brad rode by my house where I flagged him down. We had a real conversation in his car and went on our first date that night. I need to express that we had not had any real chemistry between us up and until we sat face to face and talked. When he kissed me the first real kiss I knew I found a man of passion and a gentleness I had never experienced, I had kissed many boys but none kissed as good as he. Truly we became inseparable. I knew he was the love of my life not to very long after we began dating, it took him longer to figure the whole thing out but I had time, I was only 17. Brad and I have grown from adolescence to adults together and I am blessed to have taken this journey with him.
I feel like he gives me strength to be more than I thought possible. He makes me want to be a better person. Our children sealed the deal and we became more than lovers we became a family. I write this history here today to celebrate our 31 wedding anniversary and to say I can only hope there are many more to come! When I was 17 I wrote my name as Mrs. Brad Wulff not knowing that his name would be mine and the one I gave my children as well ! The man of my dreams was only a boy when I first met him but he has become the kind of man I always dreamed of marrying.
Happy Anniversary to the love of my life !

No comments:

Post a Comment