Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Changing !

I grew up wanting something different than what I had. I really thought it was possible to change the world. I thought I could bring about great changes. The world has it all upside down , we value things more than people, we judge rather than accept. I know change has happened but not because of me, in spite of me. I wanted to be like Mother Theresa or Ida Beauchamp or Annabelle Messick, all women I admire, one a saint,my grandmother and my elderly confident-best friend. Well turns out I am me and the only thing I can do is share with others what these women inspired in me.
I think we are all sold a false bill of goods coming into this world. Everyone is not going to get to be someone renowned. The best we can hope is we become better and to inspire ourselves. The best we can hope for is to find our voice and use it sparingly. We should walk the walk and let our life reflect the example we really want it too ! My words are shallow but my actions they are the depth of me. If you want to know me do not look at my empty shallow words watch me and how I treat people. I am in a constant state of learning and I hope I do not miss one lesson along the way. Life is so much fuller if we keep our hearts and minds open to learning.
Life teaches us over and over that we need to love more and worry less. We need to make the people we love feel how very valuable they are to us. I have learned that I must give away the very things I want most , so that I can receive my share. I want love and acceptance so I need to extend it. I want relationship and companionship then that is what I must be.
The world was once flat because that is how people saw it, I suppose then if I want my world to be different I need to view it with fresh new eyes or flat it shall be! I am changing one day at a time and hopefully I too will become more than flat and void of height and depth but fear not for I am CHANGING!

No comments:

Post a Comment