Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Journey

Today my personal journey has taken a turn I did not see coming. I am on the road and this road has a dangerous curve lying just before me. I must navigate the curve as tho I know what to do next. I have never been here before so how can I be sure that I am traveling at the right speed or that I'm going in the right direction? How can I navigate unfamiliar territory?
This sounds like life to me but it isn't just any life it is my life, I was busy living that life and suddenly I am given a diagnosis of breast cancer. How does one who feels great comprehend that information? Me and Cancer do not go together. I who have struggled with many illnesses have never even considered the possibility of cancer, never. So when my doctor looked at me and announced with sadness my situation I stumbled over my thoughts, my words and my emotions. Today I find myself comforting my loved ones, as they have taken my diagnosis harder than I have. Where does one go when the road takes a detour? Well I am going to slow down take each moment one at a time so I don't get lost. One day at a time, one moment at a time, one decision at a time and maybe I shall get where I am going without losing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment