Thursday, November 27, 2014

My Journey

Last night found me frightened and paniced. I woke from sleep in a fear so big I wanted to run, every part of me was screaming like hell to get away from this unknown assailant, who is so relentlessly persuing me. The Cancer in me has been at work for at least 10 years they told me, 10 long years stalking my every move, then jumping out and assaulting me when I least expected it. How insidious is your assailant when they are able to just watch and wait till the time is right and a decade is not to big a deterant. Now that I know who it is that has haunted me all these years I can better understand all of the feelings of uncertainty and fatigue. Just a few years ago I fought for my life and sanity and here I am today doing the very same thing again only this time the attacker is taking body parts as a trophy to show dominance over me. The greatest tool I have against this assailant is my faith, hope, and love, love gives one super human courage and I am going to need it for the fight I am embarking on. One of my fears is that  I have to sustain this mental fortitude for at least a year to overcome this Goliath in front of me I have held on for longer but I was much younger then, today I must become like David to fully get this job done and I have been prepping most of my life for this race, unknowingly. Today a giant is in my face taunting me so I must find my stones and sling to clear the course before me and run with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment