Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My Journey

My words escape me today. I am not certain what the future holds so how can I wax eloquently about the unknown? All I have the power to do is project my hopes forward. My hopes are to run threw this diagnosis and its upcoming surgery along with any other treatment like the strong line of women I come from. I am fortunate, I have been loved by some of the strongest women to walk the face of the planet and long after the death of many I am still in awe of the grace and beauty they lived with in the face of great adversity. My fortune has even extended to the women I grew up around, each of them having a story far from perfect but each of them super human in many ways. Women are extraordinary, we are the gatekeepers of all human life, we bring presidents, doctors, truck drivers, cooks, mechanics, musicians, teachers, queens and kings into this world, we have birthed the nations and we are responsible for all humanity present but still our greatest strength comes from the support we give each other and those we love. We work a lifetime setting in order the lives of those around us so they can live the most productive lives possible. Life as a woman is grand in many ways and exceptionally hard in others but most of all it is beautiful. I can only hope I walk through this fire with the grace, dignity and courage that those women I love had. One thing for certain being born a woman is an advantage not given to everyone, so today I celebrate my womanhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment