Friday, November 21, 2014

My journey

I wake this morning to my new reality. Today I meet with a surgeon to discuss the removal of my breasts. This is the best choice for me, but it is hard for others. My husband is angry for the loss of something that has been pleasure to him and comfort. I cannot help but think of my breast being the source of life for my babies. I cannot recall all those who have laid their heads on my chest and been comforted. I have put babies that were not my own to sleep lying on the mounds of softness that put any pillow to shame. I stand before a mirror at the ripe old age of 54 and still marvel at their beauty, so how could they hold something so sinister that it would spread throughout my body and squeeze the life out of me? I have no answer, I cannot understand the why or the how but I can make it an easy transition or I can get angry and fight the fate I have been given. The truth is this is happening to me and I cannot put the jack back in the box, it is here, in my now, so I will move forward making each and every decision to the best of my abilities, so my request to you is pray for me that I might have wisdom and healing so I can continue to love and nurture others on my chest because even tho the mounds of soft flesh shall be gone the heart beneath that loves and nurtures shall remain!

No comments:

Post a Comment