Monday, November 24, 2014

My Journey

On any given day we rise with no thought for anything but our responsibilities and where to start the day ahead. Today is different for me because I am aware of something that is changing the course of my life. My body is in a war against itself. Good cells are being attacked by bad cells. How does one approach fighting that which cannot be seen? This is where faith, hope and love come into the picture.
Faith is a major part of any healing. First I must have faith to believe that God has allowed this experience to come my way for a reason. Scripture teaches us that when we are afraid we are to trust him and it even goes so far as to say" tho He slay me yet I will trust Him." That my friends can be a  tall order when we are facing hardship but as for me and my house .....we SHALL serve the Lord and I wouldn't want it any other way.  Faith is believing what you cannot see is real and possible.
Hope is me wanting good things and planning for those very things. Hope lets me believe my tomorrow is possible. Hope lets me plan for that future without thought.
The greatest of all is LOVE, for love gives us strength we did not know possible. Love helps us reach down deep and give our all for the ones we feel that affection towards. Love undergirdes us with super human strength. Love motivates us to hold on and give more. Love will give us the strength to give our own life for another. The way I see it no greater gift can anyone give than his or her love, so I am moved by all the love expressed toward me and because of  faith, hope and love I believe I shall soon join the ranks of those who overcome in the face of adversity because love strengthenes my resolve. Thank you for loving me for I am stronger as a result and I need that strength to win this battle because even tho I cannot see Cancer it is at work in me and for me to win I must feed the cells love and hope and have faith in the course set before me.
I am in the fight of my life and you may be here too because you love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment