Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Journey

The early morning hours call me and I rise. With wonder I am about to embark on a journey I did not plan and by no fault of their own everyone I love is going with me. These people God so richly blessed me to share my life with have no choice but to participate. I think this is the hardest thing to watch. Each of their faces becomes distorted with pain when they image all I may possible go thru.
I for once must lay down my agenda and put my own needs ahead of others and that friends is scary and going to be very hard for me.
I am the caregiver in this family and for me to give up that role and ask others to care for me is tugging at my heart strings. My personality was given to me at birth and I have nurtured the mother in me my whole life. Nothing has been sweeter than holding at my breast my own children and comforting my nieces and nephews and anyone who needed a soft place to land after a sad moment in life. I am truly good at nurturing others, I have a difficult time being the one in need of comfort. So much that I was overwhelmed by the outpouring of love I experienced after sharing my first blog.
If love has the power to heal then I have no worries.
So let me encourage each of you to step out of your comfort zone and let others help you when possible because dear ones it is good for the soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment