Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My Journey

My journey has been long and arduous. This journey of compromised health began years ago. Three years ago the battle I fought was harder in many ways.  I was having migraines that wrecked havoc on my humanity. I was so hormonal due to menopause that my mind was fragile and I was holding on to anything I could for dear life. During this time I prayed for relief but I felt more compromised than ever. The hardest battles are the ones that get into the mind and soul. I felt the battle was for everything I held dear and I know it was. The battle then is much like the campaign today ..... Letting go. Then I had to let go and find what I could that grounded me. I had to let go of ideas and preconceived notions about who I was as a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend and I had to find me again and take care of the girl I had lost over the course of my lifetime. Today I have found her and she is my friend again and we are okay with facing the world breastless  because we are so much more than Breast. Today I am of a strong mind and therefore wise enough to know I am more valuable than my body parts. My mind is my greatest asset but rest assured even when my mind was compromised there was a part of me that kept trying to right my course, my soul.  I shall feed my soul for when everything else is struggling the soul leads you and carries you to places that restore you from within. That soul hungers for fellowship with it's Creator and therein lies the place of true restoration. My soul hungers and thirsts for fellowship with God and it is that relationship that makes me right with the world, nothing else, just me and the God of my understanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment