Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Journey

Cancer is a scary word, it can make a grown man cry and bring families to their knees. I wonder what it is that our bodies are trying to teach us? Is cancer just defective genetics or environmental disturbances or emotional traumas? Many are the questions and all too few the answers. I think cancer has its purpose in life just as any illness but I think what makes it so hedious is the stealth way it comes in and then the wreckage it leaves in its wake. I am processing the destruction cancer has done to my body and trying to remain detached and analytical but as soon as I can no longer hide behind these bandages, the ugly truth will look me right in the eye. I  am also trying to learn what cancer has to teach me about living life. I am thankful for the gift of self acceptance, I have always been secure in my own skin and that makes me think of others who can only see themselves as physical beings, their journey is so much harder than mine. Funny how many people this disease affects other than the one who carries it. We often see great emotional trauma in families and upheaval and again I can be thankful for all the love and support I personally have received. Yes, cancer is a hard diagnosis but if we allow ourselves to surrender to the process and pray for wisdom we can gain more than we lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment