Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Journey

Yesterday I experienced the victory of the battle and the scars of warfare. Victory came in many forms, gifts of friendship and flowers, food and love pored out on me. My day was beautiful and hard. Recovery is difficult at best because it is hard for the mind to understand injury, the mind says if there is life and breath then there is reason to get up and get on with living. My living  got even better when my surgeon called to inform me that my tumor was bigger than they though but all 4 lymph nodes were clean. My future looks promising, how is that for the light piercing this darkness. What does one do after such good news? I grew stronger in my will to survive and I faced the wounds in the mirror. The good news is I didn't have to face them alone, my husband and sister helped me uncover my chest to see what warfare looks like. I must say I felt faint when my Breast were gone but there was something satisfying to know that under the remaining flesh there was no Cancer and the scars shall be reminders of how strong I am when I call on God and trust His wisdom to guide me through unknown places. I shall always remain the thankful for my surgeon, Dr. Dudus and all his encouragement and skill, he saved my life as I know it. I am proud of this life I have and intend to live it fully for as long as i have breath in this body, sweeter is the victory that comes at such a great cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment