Monday, December 8, 2014

My journey

The nights can be long and quiet and unforgiving, when one cannot sleep, thoughts hard to control. I have decided the most redeeming thing I can do is pray. I pray the prayer of thanksgiving for everyone I love and care about. I call on God for mercy and understanding. I pray for wisdom and peace. I ask for the courage to face another day and thank him for the rising of the sun. I pray all my experiences change me for the better. I pray nothing on earth compares to all that is heavenly except for the love of those around me. My prayers help me grow strong and free, free from ideas and agendas, free to love and be loved. I surrender this feeble life I have over to the God of my understanding and ask him to enlighten me to his ways, so I might not dishonor him and his love for me in any way. In the darkness of the night I can feel the love of God piercing the darkness but only after I have stilled my mind from the cares of life.  Prayer has purpose and it is powerful, prayer can move the mountains of despair within if we ask God to help us in our time of need. Prayer has changed me and I am better for having an  ongoing conversation with the God of creation. Nights can be long and full of wonder if we are yielded and full of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment