Friday, December 19, 2014

My Journey

My first encounter with oncology happened Thursday. I entered the Cancer center and headed to the desk when off to my left a woman about 20 years younger than me was ringing a bell to mark the completion of her treatments. That moment was so beautiful and touching that it made me weep. My life has changed in a radical way and I am better for it. My fears all still stand before me and hers are now just memories, I felt absolute Joy for her, she is now free to live unencumbered from medical procedures. Everything imagined doesn't come to fruition and for that I am grateful. The mind has a way of weaving stories that make life so much more and so much less than reality. Me , myself, I am putting all my effort in this present day. I have no promise of tomorrow, Cancer threatens my future but not my today, so I got to get busy living and enjoying each moment present.The relief I saw on that beautiful young woman's face shall be mine in a year if God sees fit to allow me that time and in truth Cancer or not we do not have a promise we shall be here tomorrow, or next week or next month, we all need to live like life is short and fill it full of love. I have been so bust doing things I thought important that I have missed many opportunities to fellowship with people who need encouragement. I am letting Cancer teach me how to become the better version of myself, praying that my beauty radiates from within so that come December 2015 when I am ringing that bell I will inspire someone to believe they too can overcome this giant hiding within!

No comments:

Post a Comment