Wednesday, December 24, 2014

My Journey

It is Christmas Eve my favorite day of the year, all the hustle and bustle of shopping is done. Today we gather together for the Joy of fellowship with the ones we love. This year I am preparing this evenings dinner in memory of my dearest Beth Wulff, this was always her night to wow us with a beautiful meal. Christmas holds us all captive for a moment, it slows the world down and helps us feel the importance of those around us. We celebrate the amazing gift given that very first Christmas morning, our Savior as a baby, surrendered to humanity. I am thankful for His gift to me, He gives me strength to accomplish so much more than I am able. All of the trappings of gifts are nothing compared to the beauty of the family coming together to let go of the year gone by and embrace all that is new before us. This year as I celebrate my joy shall abound for this very moment in time, is all I have, there is no real promise of tomorrow only this moment and it is a beautiful moment. I am full with hope for myself and the ones I love, the difficulty of yesterday is behind me and I am at peace. This thing called Cancer has helped set me free from unrealistic ideas about how perfect everything should be and now I am able to enjoy the simplicity of a life well lived. My prayer for you my friend is the joy of the best gift ever given resides deep in your heart! Merry Christmas my loved ones Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment