Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My Journey

This morning I rise to say farewell to 2014 and as I bid my year it's finale goodbye, I am reminded of all that I am grateful for, there are those who I love who breathed their last breath.  I shall always remember them and who they were. These beautiful people brought more to our family than anyone can imagine. I love this group of mismatched individules that make up the whole of us, we stretch from sea to shining sea for we as a family are so much more than "one" could ever hope to be. Family is the greatest gift I have ever experienced. Each member has stepped up when needed and become something greater than they really thought possible because they loved individuals so much they wanted to make a difference in their lives. When we are part of a family and we learn to love, we become something beautiful. I have been fortunate to love and be loved by truly ordinary but great people. I have family that lives hundreds of miles away that love me like I was raised next door. I have family that I live among that bless me with love daily.  I have friends that love me like family too. I reflect on this year of losses and count my blessings to have been in the company of such great and ordinary people. When one reflects on the best life lived, I do not see wealth as a marker for success, I see those who loved and gave of themselves as the wealthy ones. When counting my blessings I am the wealtiest person I know because I am loved by many, so as I see it 2014 has given me more than it has required of me and I am grateful for the losses cannot outweigh the blessings I carry into this new and beautiful year ahead. Tho ones I love have passed on they left me with gifts of love and wisdom that I shall carry into eternity! Farewell to a year of joy and sorrows, a year of love and devotion, a year of change.

No comments:

Post a Comment