Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Annivarsary of Death

My father died 25 years ago in Febuary. That man and his life and death changed me. Fathers give their children what they can. My Dad gave me, my sister and 4 brothers everything a truck driver could aford to give. He put a roof over our heads , clothes on our back and warm food in our bellies. He raised us in a neighborhood where veryone knew our name. Our name according to our Dad was everything, BEAUCHAMP, was my badge of courage and a name of exclence. I have carried Dad's name with me all the days of my life. I am a woman proud of the men God gave me ! I so love that man , my father , Ida 's son, Dickie Beauchamp!


The greateast gift my Father gave me was not any thing material but instead a confidence that most people never experience. I grew up knowing love and being taught that I could be any thing I wanted. My Dad gave me absolute assurance that he believed in me. He told me that if I placed my trust in God I would have a home for eternity. My Dad was a simple man with a simple faith but the Love that he gave me and everyone for that matter was what made me know God was real. Love is supernatural and it is the essence of God Himself ! The day we buried my father was sureal for many reasons but one being the way he made everyone feel special , just the way he treated me. So as Dad's go I got the best ! I have to say how very blessed I am because a man who believed your word was you r bond loved me and taught me to love others as myself. He gave me the faith his mother gave him and I walk in the confidence that because of that I will see him again. Thank You Dad for being a simple man with a simple love and a beauty that still shines !

No comments:

Post a Comment