Thursday, January 13, 2011

Milestones

Milestones in my life, I think this time of year gives one over to reflection. Where do I begin ? A moment in time that grabs my thoughts was a warm summer day in 1977. I was leaving my house when I looked up to see an acquaintance from school riding past my house. Brad was really just a person in my Drama class, we had not spoken 100 words to each other in a year of classes. His face was a welcomed sight even so. I called out his name and he stopped. I find it funny how I did not know him more than just as a name and face in class. I had no idea that this boy/man would be my husband and father to my children. He offered to take me to my destination and suddenly our worlds collided. Words where easy to come by for both of us and that should be no surprise for me but for him it was amazing, he was shy to a fault. I loved that he was not slick and wordy but thoughtful and kind. If not for this one moment of perfect timing we may not be who we are today. I guess I share this for a reason, before that hot July day we had no chemistry to speak of but one moment of classmates talking turned into a life of beautiful conversation. One moment changed our destinies forever. I am convinced had we not had that moment outside the scrutiny of others we may have never known what an amazing person we saw in the other. Moral to my story, never pass up the opportunity to talk to someone face to face ....... you may be looking into your own destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment