Tuesday, January 18, 2011

THE MAN AT MY TABLE

My son Chase came home recently and we sat at my kitchen table that morning and spoke of his life. Chase is the middle child of three, my oldest a boy and my youngest a girl. I watched my son struggle with who he is. I watched as he struggled in every aspect of his life and felt paralyzed by fear. I saw in his eyes a man held captive by his own body and its desires. I saw a man who has prayed to God asking to be set free from these desires. I sat there with this man across the table and felt absolute pride. He is a man who is working out his life before God and with God. He is a man afraid to disappoint others and I so badly wanted to have the power to set him free, yet God stays silent, so who am I?
I felt absolute joy when I realized my son is a man of God who thinks before he acts but that same thought made me sad because I realized the bondage he is in is because of the fear of letting go. I saw a strong independent man who loves deeply and is honorable. A man with gifts and talents that are held captive because of this impasse in his life.
I will put my fears to rest because I saw the maturity of a man finding his way in the world. Chase and God are working their relationship out and neither need me to get the job done but I was happy he felt confidence in my love for him and shared with me his doubts.
I guess what I am saying is Chase loves God .......what more could I hope for?
I want the world to know when you think you have all the answers ...... you may be confronted with your own ineptness. Let Love guide you in all things !

No comments:

Post a Comment