Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoughts on the New Year, 2011

I am saddened by the loss of so many, in the past few days. Some young by my standards and some old but all loved by me and many others. I reflect on life and I am encouraged and I refuse to be angry at God as Death is part of life. We choose to pretend we are not ever going to die but truth is we come into this world with a given number of days. I have spent lots of time contemplating eternity ! I love what I understand it to be.
Eternity in my opinion is the ultimate "Homecoming". Coming home to the place where we began. Standing in confidence that who we are is finally enough. No more competition. Just rawness and openness. Real people as God made us. Free from the bondage of sin and lust, fear and doubt. Real humanity exposed. I am flesh and blood, yet so much more. I am woman but even more, I am human. Earth has only disappointment to offer,(everyone dies). Eternity to me is the ultimate New beginning, no Death to fear. No separation from those we love! So call me morbid if you like but I will spend the rest of my natural life meditating on eternity !

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! A fresh beginning and a new blog. Looking forward to your thoughts and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If you fear death, then you fear life."

    I will definitely be bookmarking your blog!

    ~ Ridgely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus died for us to he didn't have to live without us...Saw that on a bumper stick LOL but thought it was neat! love you- Caitlyn

    Not sure why it says Jackie LOL OH well its ur neice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your blogs Pam. I find you very inspirational. When I grow up maybe I can be more like you!

    ReplyDelete