Saturday, January 29, 2011

I became a Mother on January 29th

Twenty seven years ago today became a profound moment in my life. My firstborn son came into this world weighting 10lbs 8ozs., he was 21 3/4 inches long. The size of the child was not nearly as important as the role he would play in my life. He was everything I had dreamed of. I had wanted to be a mother from the time I got my doll , Addie. I was a 6 year old mother in every sence of the word, my very essence is a mother. Many people identify with their careers but as for me I have always wanted the privledge of parenting! Being John's Mom made me want to be a better woman. The very second I looked into his eyes I felt something stir in me, that I had never felt before. At that moment I loved him more than myself. I would die to protect him and give him everything humanly possible. Love like that doesn't come along every day ! I had found my calling. He made me dig deeper and work harder at my relationship with his Dad. I knew the best gift I could give him was loving parents, so I began to try to understand this man in my life, he would someday call Pop. I am a simple person and proud that I refuse to see anything this world has to offer being more important than it's people and most especially my family. My son gave my life purpose and made me want to draw on the wisdom of God for my direction in life. Who I am today is a woman that loves God and family and I have that baby I named John Aughtman Wulff to thank for showing me the way! Happy Birthday son ! I am your biggest fan , just in case you ever wondered !

No comments:

Post a Comment