Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Struggles produce beauty ?

Personally I think the past 5 years of my life have been the most difficult. I have had to change in ways I never thought possible. Everything I thought I knew has turned upside down. The way I perceive the world , my religious views and even the way I relate to family and others has been challenged. Every judgement I have ever spoken has come to back haunt me. I am better for the confrontation. I am better because I no longer see everything so black or white. My world looks nothing like it did in days gone by where I thought I had so much control but even that was an illusion.
I was taught that if you live right and do good things you will be rewarded and to some extent that is true. Today I can say I am the best version of myself but even so my struggles seem to have multiplied. I know without any doubt I am blessed but I certainly thought somehow, someway life would get easier as the children grew up and left home to find their own way in this world. I became a mother and I did the best I could at that, some may say I am a failure because my children certainly did what they could to challenge those black and white lines. What I see in hind sight is a loving God helping me lose my judgmental attitudes through the people I love most in this world. They bring beauty and color to my otherwise not so colorful or beautiful place!
Now where does that leave a 50 year old woman with so much more to give? I always have loved writing because it helps my soul to put thoughts down on paper and come back days later to see where I have been and how far I have come. The funnest thing about being me is I do not feel old or nearly used enough . I feel I can help others by putting words to our frustration and sorrows, I feel if I dig deep I can uncover the reason for all the madness in my life and maybe just maybe someone may be comforted to know they are not alone . My true thoughts on my pain and suffering is it will make me a better person and perhaps my struggles and words produced out of those trials may ease someone else's load. I am looking forward and hoping to see the light at the end of the tunnel, if you see me hold my hand and we will find the way together!

No comments:

Post a Comment