Monday, February 7, 2011

Free to be Me !

Today at the very core of my being I am at a crossroads. This conflict that rages a war in me tells me I am powerless and I must agree, I am. My conflict comes by way of my love. I love someone who needs my help but I cannot make them take it. So here I am with a decision to make , not an ultimatum ,but a decision that is mine and mine alone. Will I change and therefore force change in others lives, or will I walk the same path I have always walked ? I can say without a doubt I am setting a new course. There are things in life you live with until such a time comes when you realize it doesn't have to be this way. I am powerless over the people I love but I can set boundaries for me. My boundaries give me protection from carrying the burden that forced me to think I must make everything right with the world for everyone. The choice is clear, I am no longer going to be all things to all people but I am going to do what I can to open doors for me to be the best me possible ! I will avail myself to those I love but no longer at the cost of my own happiness. I am a grown woman who is being set free daily from "my own ideas", on how I am to conduct myself and from the pedestal others have placed me on! I am jumping off into the deep end cause....... I am a big girl and I can swim! Come on in the water is nice !

No comments:

Post a Comment