Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life has it's way of bringing about it's purpose. When I was young I was so certain about everything, not only was I certain but I knew everything, I love youth . Youth gives you the blinders life needs to be viewed properly with. The drama you face in your youth is about who is dating who or who said what about you. About the time 5o sets in, it is more about who died unexpectedly and who is sick and facing death, what kind of jobs will the kids find and who are they dating or for some marrying. I want the free heartiness of living in the moment when you feel invincible. I want crazy fun sex in the car because you can't wait another second because the two of you are so in love. I want to lye on my bed head hanging off the side, upside down, with girlfriends and laugh for an hour at how silly you look! I do not really care about the physical losses as much as the joy of living in that moment . Nothing was as important as the right here right now! The scariest thought was how will I ever survive without my friends? Those times should not be limited to our youth. So I am dancing with or without Brad or you for that matter. My family room is going to be filled with music not TV and I am going to start reclaiming my youth by dancing like I did when I was a girl. I will not let anyone or anything rob me of the "youth of my old age." I dare you to dance by yourself singing your favorite songs at the top of your lungs. You can be sure it will feel akward at first but soon the joy will rise up in you the way it did when music was your everything. I am finding my way and I refuse to grow old while doing so. I will keep a young heart and perspective, so if your hear me sounding like an old fart ask me when is the last time I danced. Life is meant for dancing ! See you at the dance !

No comments:

Post a Comment