Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentines is nonsense !

I feel compelled to say a few words about love. I cannot begin to tell you how special I feel because others love me. Love makes me want to be a better person. I believe if you give love freely it will return and bless you beyond measure and I am proof that it is true. Observing my father while growing up , he was a man who commanded love and respect. I watched him and saw in his life abundant joy and peace, even tho our home was often stressful and chaotic. He believed love was a gift we give to each other, he did not manipulate me with it, he just gave it unconditionally. I learned from him not to judge others because I have no idea what brings a man to the choices he makes. I have watched the opposite as well and have seen the misery it brings when you use love as a tool to control others. Love is as the word says" God himself", so if I use my love to get people to preform and behave the way I want I am manipulating God and using Him and His creation for my purposes. Scripture states "that perfect love casts out all fear" and this amazes me, I wish I knew how to love perfectly. I know this, in every situation I enter if I decide to honestly care about the people and not judge them I can walk in with confidence and find that I am received with grace and mercy and respect. People, rich or poor, white of black, gay or straight, obedient or rebellious, believers or unbelievers all need love and as I understand the call on my life they are all the same in the eyes of God so I am to love each as they are! Love is the great equalizer and if we give it we empower others to do the same. So I challenge you to stop the foolishness of valentines and make a proclamation to share your love everyday ! Give and it shall be given unto you !

No comments:

Post a Comment