Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Parent/ student

Being a mother is the greatest job I have ever had. I love my children and I am amazed by the beauty of each of them. They have stretched me beyond my wildest dreams. I thought I was so cool and very liberal and accepting of people and then they challenged my beliefs. The first challenge caused me to dig deep and took time but I grounded myself and felt proud, then the second challenge came and I had to dig even deeper . Until the third and greatest challenge came I thought I was OK and right with the world but boy did I have much to learn. John , Chase and Abigale have righted my course, they have made me see how blind I was . The bible says get the log out of your own eye so you can help your brother remove the splinter in his. Let me say I really always thought I had a splinter till the gift of my children. I did not know how blind I was, because this was the only way I had ever seen the world. My is God gracious enough to send them for me and together they helped me get the log out. I still am suffering with lots of splinters the log left behind but my world is becoming more clearly focused and for that I am grateful. In life we believe our job is to teach our children but I am convinced they have come to teach me and rescue me from my blindness and help open my eyes! The job I have done as a mother pales in comparison to the job God sent them to do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment